The Domestic and Family Violence Protection Act 2012 (Qld) provides protection to those who have experienced domestic violence.
What constitutes Domestic Violence can be very broad, and includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Physical or sexual abuse;
- Emotional or psychological abuse;
- Economic abuse;
- Conduct that is threatening, coercive, dominating or controlling.
It is important that the law balances the need for protection of an aggrieved person, as well as the rights of a respondent.
Beavon Lawyers have experienced lawyers who can provide comprehensive advice to any individual seeking assistance with Domestic Violence Related matters. Our lawyers can provide advice in respect of:
- Defending charges related to contravention of domestic violence protection orders;
- Applications for domestic violence protection orders;
- Responding to applications for domestic violence protection orders; and
- Applications to vary a domestic violence protection order.
Should you or those close to you feel as though they need assistance in a domestic violence matter, whether they feel aggrieved or they are the respondent, our lawyers are able to provide detailed advice at short notice to protect your best interests.